BREAKING NEWS: BANK ANNOUNCES DINAR EXCHANGE POLICIESThis bank is located close to the Honolulu airport.
THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!http://www.pacificrimbank.com/dinar.html
The rate is immaterial or irrelevant! Understand that this is the the tip of the proverbial iceberg! To my knowledge this is the first bank to make a formal statement on a website. First reported on PTR.
Caution: Do not call this bank!!
What will happen is that they will remove this link and the evidence will disappear. Realize that the rate is currently at the pre-RV rate. Undoubtedly, they will increase the rate once it is established by the CBI.
Pacific Rim Bank is the first bank to announce on their website the cash in rules for Dinar !!! WOW WOW WOW !!!
The only point of this post is to say this bank is openly admitting that they will be cashing in Dinar holders..... Of course it is not a good idea to use them !!!
Please note that currency exchange is not our primary business and the majority of our regular banking transactions are handled through our Internet banking services. Therefore, we are not staffed to handle a high volume of branch traffic. If customers come in with a large dollar amount of Dinar, please expect to wait while our staff counts and processes their Dinar. If you are with a group of several people that will be bringing in their Dinar we would appreciate a call before the group comes in so that we can adjust our staffing to help with the processing of the Dinar. At any time, the bank reserves the right to suspend, limit, or cancel our Dinar exchange program if it hinders our ability to provide our primary banking services.
Freqently Asked Questions
Do you have the DeLaRue machine to check for counterfeit foreign currency including Dinar? No
Do you handle Iraq Dinar? Yes, only for customers who live in Hawaii
What is the Current Exchange Rate? 0.000813 as of 07/13/2011
How much can I sell to Pacific Rim Bank? We will not exchange Iraq Dinars from a non-customer. There currently is no limit for Pacific Rim Bank customers.
Can I purchase Dinar from the bank? No
What will it cost to exchange Dinar? In addition to the spread on the exchange there is a $5.00 per transaction fee. The minimum to exchange is $300.00 US dollars. If the order is below $300.00 US, there will be an additional $10.00 small order fee. The total fee would then be $15.00.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions? Do not call the branch. Please contact Michael Sasaki, SVP & CFO at (808) 457-3902 or firstname.lastname@example.orgHere are the procedures for exchanging Dinar:
1. You must be a Hawaii resident to exchange Dinar with Pacific Rim Bank.http://www.pacificrimbank.com/dinar.htmlThis was sent to me, it has been confirmed by me as far as their webiste page exists..
2. You must have an account with Pacific Rim Bank in order to use our exchange services for Dinar. The exchange process will go much smoother if you already have an account with Pacific Rim Bank before coming in to do the exchange. If we are inundated with people wanting to exchange Dinar, we will likely turn away those who do not already have an account with the bank. You can apply for an account on our website so you don't actually have to come in to the bank to open an account.
3. When you are ready to exchange your Dinar, you can visit this website for the current exchange rate. Please do not call the branch for the exchange rate. You will be referred back to this website. Once you come in to the bank, you will get the rate available on that day.
4. The bank will take your Dinar and give you a receipt for the exchange. We will then send your Dinar to be verifiedat our currency exchange processing site on the mainland. It typically takes 24hrs for verification but if there is a large volume of Dinar, the verification process may take longer, even up to a week. However, your exchange rate will not change. You will get the rate that was available on the day you gave the Dinar to the bank.
5. Once the Dinar is verified, the bank will be credited for the Dinar and then we will credit your account at the bank. We will credit your account the same day that we receive credit for the currency.